Teaser Tales Record: 3-1
Last week was a push for the Teaser Tales fam. The first teaser (Chiefs -2 / Bears -3.5) cruised to a victory similar to the late Brian O’Conner in any Fast and Furious movie (may Paul Walker R.I.P.). The second one was not as fruitful. I took the Patriots +0.5 / Over 50.5 in the Patriots/Packers game and the total failed us by just 3 points. A tough beat but such is life. I’m back this week and ready to give you loyal readers some lunch money similar to Week 8.
- Teaser Tale #1 (-120): Jets -0.5 and Patriots -0.5 (bought half point)
- Jets: Yes – I’m staring this Jets/Bills game in the face and making a play. The Bills QB situation is a muddled pot of poop that includes Josh Allen (questionable with an elbow injury), Matt Barkley (signed last week), and Pick Six god Nathan Peterman. So, yes I’m fading this Bills team and putting my faith in Josh McCown. With the way Darnold has been playing for the Jets, I think McCown might be the better option for strictly gambling purposes. If McCown is your starter going into a season, you don’t feel good about it. However, if he’s your spot-starter against the Bills, I love it. McCown’s numbers were sneaky decent last year: 18 TDs, 9 INTs, and 94.5 QB rating in 13 starts. One more fun betting trend for all you; the Jets are 6-2 SU in its last 8 home games vs. Buffalo.
- Patriots: You know how I feel about fading the Titans. The answer is always not great and I won’t stand up here and lie to you; it hasn’t been pretty. The Patriots come into this one as 7-point road favorites. I really don’t like them at that number but that’s why teasers are so delightful. We can tease this wrecking ball of a team down to essentially a PK. The Patriots are getting stud rookie RB Sony Michel back in this one. I see the Patriots being able to control time of possession, force a couple Mariota turnovers, and get it done on the road before their bye. The Patriots are a preposterous 9-0 SU in their last 9 before their bye with an average winning margin of 22 points/game. Lock it in, folks!
2. Teaser Tale #2 (-110): Falcons PK and Chiefs -10.5
- Falcons: Sometimes you have to make a play strictly to fade Gregg Williams as a head coach and ladies and gentlemen, this is one of those times. I have zero faith in that man as a head coach and the Falcons are starting to really find their groove. They’ve won 3 straight and come in with some favorable betting trends. The Falcons are 7-1 SU in their past 8 road games against teams with losing records.Will they cover the full -6? I actually think so but again, doesn’t hurt to get those extra 6 points!
- Chiefs: The Chiefs have been featured in the first two editions of Teaser Tales and I don’t see a reason why I should exclude them this week. This team is both 8-1 SU/ATS this season and the offense has truly showed 0 signs of letting up. The Chiefs have averaged about 36 points/game at home. If they can get to 30 against this Cardinals team, I feel great about their chances to cover this tease. The funny thing about the Chiefs is that their defense has quietly been playing much better of late, only allowing 18 points/game. Last fun fact for fading the Cardinals. The Cardinals are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 road games vs. teams with winnings records.
Lock in these lines before they start moving around on Sunday and get ready to root for the Josh McCown-led Jets! We live for moments like these.