Teaser Tales Record: 2-0
Hot start for us in our inaugural edition of Teaser Tales! We almost had a situation where Case Keenum backdoored us in the Chiefs game but luckily he remember his roots and didn’t score the late TD. Great feeling to take that money out of the ATM and give out some free lunch money for all you loyal readers. The fun thing about teasers are that they always feel amazing to put in and my Week 9 picks are no different!
- Teaser Tale #1 (-120): Chiefs -2 and Bears -3.5
- Having déjà vu? You should be because I’m running back my same Teaser Tale as last week!
- Chiefs: Chiefs lost their first game ATS last week on a late Brandon McManus FG. That’s why you tease folks! However, this is a nice juicy bounce back stat for you here. Following their last 14 ATS losses, the Chiefs are 10-4 the following week. I love this team to continue rolling and quite frankly, just be able to outscore this Browns team at home. I do believe there is something to getting rid of Hue Jackson; however, when you replace him with this lunatic, I don’t think it matters.
- Bears: This one is simple. Josh Allen is still out with an elbow injury. Derek Anderson is in concussion protocol. That’s right:the return of Peterman! Peterman said the following this week, ““How you react to adversity defines who you are as a person. I’ve learned plenty of lessons throughout my career and I’m confident in the teammates surrounding me.” This really is adorable . You’ve gotta wonder how that locker room feels about trotting this guy out there to start again. So this one sets up a chance to take the Bears defense vs. Peterman? Yep, enough said. Lock the Bears in as the other half of this teaser.
- Teaser Tale #2 (-110): Patriots +0.5 and Packers/Patriots Over 50.5
- Patriots: The Patriots are rolling right now. They’ve won their last 11 home games going 9-2 ATS in that stretch. On the flip side of the coin, the Packers come in as the road dog and have really struggled in this situation of late. In their last 12 road games, the Packers are just 3-9 SU and 5-7 ATS. Fading Rodgers always makes me nervous (got burned by this last week) but when you counter it with betting on Brady and the Patriots, it isn’t so bad. The 6 point teaser is nice in this spot as you only need the Patriots win to cover.
- The Over: I love the over in this game. I will probably throw these two picks into a parlay as well because it feels likely to me. These are two high-octane offenses going against two sub-par defenses. The Packers have hit the over in 7 of their last 8 night games with the Patriots also going 7 for 8 in their last 8 night games at home. The trends are favorable as well as the stats from this season. Rodgers & Co. come into this one averaging 25 points a game this season. And I LOVE the Patriots ability to more than pull their weight for this total; the Patriots are averaging about 40 points a game during their last 3 home games. Give me the over and all the points in this one.
Alright readers. I’m feeling great about these two teaser tales for Week 9. Let’s stay hot and bankrupt your bookies!