The only people who care about the MNF game this week including the following parties:
- Pats fans
- Derek Anderson stans a.k.a Browns fans who remember 2007
- People with fantasy match-ups on the line
- Readers of the Tums Preview of the Week
Happy to contribute some viewers and give people an angle for this one. We have to take a quick look back at last week’s disaster of a pick, which brought me to 2-3 on the season.
Rams @ 49ers -+9.5: What was I thinking? I was mesmerized by C.J. Beathard’s ability to cover and move the ball on MNF the week before against the Packers. This one is on me. It never stood a chance. FINAL: Rams 39 49ers 10. This was a 0/10 on the TUMS METER. As soon as the second quarter really got started, it was over and was such a write-off that no indigestion ensued.
Let’s start a new winning streak and make a pick for this Pats-Bills game. The Bills are perennially featured in the Tums Preview with this being their third time. This week, the Derek Andersen-led Bills host the Patriots.
Patriots @ Bills +14
The Weekly Case for the Dog: Can Derek Andersen circle the wagons?
- 69% of the money is on the Patriots. Fade the public! There’s nothing else. The rest of these betting trends are incredibly favorable for the Pats.
- Patriots are 7-0 ATS in their last seven games of being favorites of 14 points or more.
- The road team is 8-2 ATS in the last 10 MNF games.
- The Patriots are averaging 39 points/game since Week 4.
Here’s my biggest thing. Yes, 14 points is a lot to lay on the road. However, can you think of a world where the Pats don’t score 34 in this one? Can you think of a way that Derek Andersen leads the Bills to scoring more than 17 points? I can’t either. Take the Pats, lay the points, and pray Derek Anderson doesn’t play like it’s 2007.
TUMS PICK OF THE WEEK: Patriots -14